How do I install Silverlight on my Mac?
Silverlight is the browser plug-in that allows you to watch TV shows and movies on your computer. Follow the steps below to install the Silverlight plug-in on your Mac computer.
- Open Netflix and select any title to play.
- When a Silverlight dialog box opens, select Install Now.
- Open the Downloads page and double-click on Silverlight.dmg.
- For Safari, the Downloads page is in the upper right corner of the browser.
- For Firefox, the Downloads page is a separate window located in the Dock.
- For Chrome, the Downloads page is under the Window drop-down in the upper left corner of your browser.
- Right-click or hold Control on your keyboard and select Silverlight.pkg.
- Select Open on the pop-up menu.
- Select Open on the prompt that says Silverlight.pkg is not from the Mac App Store. Are you sure you want to open it? Opening Silverlight.pkg will always allow it to run on this Mac.
- Follow the prompts to complete installation.
If you complete the steps above but are still being prompted to install Silverlight, see I keep getting prompted to install Silverlight.