How do I install Silverlight on my Mac?
Silverlight is the browser plug-in that allows you to watch movies and TV shows on your computer. Follow the steps below to install the Silverlight plug-in on your Mac computer.
- Select any title to play.
- Select Install Now.
- Select Save File.
- Double-click Silverlight.dmg in Downloads.
- For Safari, the Downloads menu is in the upper right-hand corner of the browser.
- For Firefox, the Downloads menu is a separate window located in the Dock.
- Note: If you have trouble locating the Downloads folder, press Command + J to bring up the Downloads section in your browser.
- Right-click or hold Control on your keyboard and select Silverlight.pkg.
- Select Open on the pop-up menu.
- Select Open on the prompt that says "Silverlight.pkg is not from the Mac App Store. Are you sure you want to open it? Opening Silverlight.pkg will always allow it to run on this Mac."
- Follow the prompts to complete installation.
If you run into any issues during the Silverlight installation, see Microsoft’s Silverlight Installation Support Article.