Netflix Features on Your Android Tablet
Netflix Streaming Features for your Android device running 2.2 or above. The current version of the Netflix app requires Android version 4.0 or later. Devices running earlier versions of Android OS (as well as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1) will be prompted to download a compatible, earlier version of the Netflix app.
For a list of supported devices, see Google Play's Supported Devices article.
- Navigation: Scroll down after launching the app to see recommended genres. Tap Browse to see a specific genre. Tap Search to search for a certain title. To fast forward and rewind, tap anywhere on the screen, then slide your finger along the progress bar to skip backward and forward through the title. Press the back button to exit the movie. Tap the stars to rate a title.
- Supported Regions: Netflix supports streaming to Android devices in all regions.
- Resolution: Android tablets currently support streaming in 480p.
- Netflix HD playback is only available on the new Nexus 7 tablet.
- Subtitles & Alternate Audio: During playback, press the Subtitles and Alternate Audio icon at the top of the screen to configure subtitle and alternate language audio.