Using Netflix on your Nintendo 3DS
Welcome to Netflix on your Nintendo 3DS! Use this article to learn about Netflix features and how to set up and sign out of your account. If you’re unsure if your device supports Netflix, follow the steps on the “Set up Netflix” tab to attempt to locate the Netflix app.
Netflix streaming features for your Nintendo 3DS include:
After launching the app, scroll down to see recommended genres, or press Y to search for a certain title. To fast forward and rewind, tap anywhere on the screen, then slide your finger along the progress bar to skip backward and forward through the title. Press the B button to exit the movie. Tap the stars to rate a title.
Netflix supports streaming to the Nintendo 3DS in the US and Canada.
The Nintendo 3DS currently supports 480p video.
Subtitles & Alternate Audio:
Select Audio and Subtitles to turn on subtitles and alternate language audio if they are offered by the movie or TV show.
To connect your Nintendo 3DS to your Netflix account, make sure you are on the Home screen, then follow the steps below.
- Select the Nintendo eShop icon.
- In the Search box search for Netflix and select the highlighted Netflix application.
- Select the blue Tap Here to Download button.
- Select the blue Next button when alerted that the service is available in the US and Canada, and press Download.
- The top screen will display Thank you! once the download is complete.
- Select the HOME button on the device and then press the A button.
- Select the highlighted Netflix application twice to launch Netflix and press A to close the eShop.
- Launch Netflix from the 3DS home screen.
- Enter your Netflix email address and password.
Your device is now connected to your Netflix account. Enjoy!
To sign out of the Netflix account on your device, follow the steps below.
- From within the Netflix application, use the arrows on your remote to enter the following sequence:
- Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
- Select Sign out or Deactivate.
- You will now be given the option to sign in as a different Netflix member.
*If you are unable to bring up the screen to sign out or deactivate, please make sure you are using the remote that came with your device as some universal remotes may not work correctly to enter the sequence.