Netflix Error 1007
The error you're seeing is typically caused by:
- An issue with the Netflix app itself
- An issue with some Netflix account information stored on your device
- An issue connecting to the Internet from your device
In some cases, this error code may be accompanied by the following error message:
There is a problem connecting to Netflix. Please try again later. If the problem persists, check that your device has the correct date and time and restart the Netflix application (1007).
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
You can test your device's connection to the Internet by attempting to visit a webpage from your device, such as netflix.com.
If Safari says it cannot open the page because your device is not connected to the Internet, you may be experiencing a connectivity issue that will require troubleshooting your home network or your device's connection to the Internet. See Apple's support site for more help.
Once you're connected to the Internet, try Netflix again.
Refresh any outdated Netflix information stored on your iOS device by resetting the app.
- Select Settings from the Home screen on your iOS device.
- Swipe down until you locate the Netflix app.
- Select Netflix.
- Slide the Reset toggle to the On position.
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
- Press the Home button twice and swipe right until you locate the Netflix app.
- Swipe up on the Netflix app to close your session.
- Press the Home button twice to return to the Home screen.
- Try Netflix again.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn the device completely off.
- After 10 seconds, press the Sleep/Wake button to turn your device back on.
- Once your device powers on, try Netflix again.
Make sure the issue isn't being caused by an outdated version of the Netflix app by removing it from your iOS device and reinstalling it*.
- From the main menu, touch and hold the Netflix app on the Home screen until it shakes.
- Tap the X in the top left corner of the Netflix icon, then tap Delete. (Once deleted, press the Home button to stop the shaking).
- Enter the App Store, search for "Netflix" and select the free Netflix app from Netflix, Inc.
- Tap the cloud icon. You will need to enter your iTunes password to install the app.
- Once installed, tap the Netflix icon.
- Enter the email and password for your Netflix account and tap Sign In.
- Try Netflix again.
*Deleting the Netflix app will also delete any titles you have downloaded to the device.
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug both your modem and router and wait 30 seconds.
- Plug in your modem and wait until no new indicator lights are blinking on.
- Plug in your router and wait until no new indicator lights are blinking on.
- Turn on your device and try Netflix again.
If possible, connect your iOS device to a different network to rule out home network configuration problems as the cause of your issue. To choose a different wireless network:
- Press the Home button on your device.
- Select the Settings app.
- Select Wi-Fi from the Settings menu.
- Select a different network and connect to it.
- Once you've connected to another network, launch Netflix and try your movie or TV show again.
- If you are unable to use a different Internet connection or if this does not resolve the issue, please contact your Internet service provider for further assistance.