Netflix Features on the Windows 8 App
This article details features on the Netflix app downloaded from the Windows Store. See Netflix.com Player Features on your Web Browser if you're streaming Netflix on through a web browser on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Browse genre columns: Click or tap on a genre title to browse movies and TV shows.
- Search from the Charms menu: Move the mouse curser to the bottom right corner, or swipe from right to left on a touch screen, to open the Charms menu and access search.
- Movie or TV Show Pages: Hover over a movie or TV show poster to get a pop-up with information such as a brief synopsis, year(s) produced, or maturity rating. Clicking on the title within the pop-up will take you to the full information page for that movie or TV show.
- Playback: Tap or click on a poster to begin playing a movie or TV show.
- During video playback, use the scroll bar at the bottom of the application screen to see more options.
- To exit video playback, click in the upper left hand corner of the movie and select the back button.
- Supported Regions: Netflix supports streaming on Windows 8 in all regions where Netflix is available.
- Resolution: Windows 8 supports streaming in 1080p.
- Subtitles & Alternate Audio: Windows 8 supports subtitles and alternate audio on select titles or 5.1 Surround Sound when available. Select the Subtitles and Alternate Audio icon at the bottom of the screen to configure subtitle and alternate language audio.
Thanks for your feedback.