Netflix says "The Netflix Services Have Experienced an Internal Error" on my Roku.
If you see an error message that says,
The Netflix services have experienced an internal error
It typically points to information that needs to be refreshed. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
If you are on a work, school, hotel, or hospital public WiFi:
- Check with your network administrator to make sure streaming services such as Netflix are supported and not intentionally blocked.
- Note that many public networks have limited bandwidth.
If you're using a cellular data network or satellite Internet:
- If possible, try a different network. Cellular data and satellite Internet connections commonly have slower connections speeds than cable Internet or DSL.
- Exit the Netflix app.
- Open the Netflix app and try to play any movie or TV show.
- Press the Home button to navigate to the Roku Home Menu.
- Highlight the Netflix app and press the star key on the remote.
- Select Remove channel.
- Once you confirm by selecting Remove channel again, the device will be deactivated.
- Deactivating your Roku in this manner will remove the Netflix channel from the main menu. To restore it, select Streaming Channels > Movies & TV > Netflix.
- Unplug the power from your Roku, as well as your modem and router. After about a minute, plug the devices back in, wait for them to start back up, and try Netflix again.