Netflix says "The Netflix services have experienced an internal error."
If you see an error message that says,
The Netflix services have experienced an internal error
It typically points to information on your device that needs to be refreshed. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
If you are on a work, school, hotel, or hospital public Wi-Fi network: If you're using a cellular data network or satellite Internet:
If you are on a work, school, hotel, or hospital public Wi-Fi network:
If you're using a cellular data network or satellite Internet:
Restart the Netflix app
- Exit the Netflix app.
- Open the Netflix app and try to play any movie or TV show.
- Press the Home button to navigate to the Roku home screen.
- Highlight the Netflix app and press the star key on the remote.
- Select Remove channel.
- Select Remove channel again to confirm.
- From the home screen, select Streaming Channels.
- Select Movies & TV.
- Select Netflix.
- Select Add Channel.
- Select Go to channel.
- Sign in to your account and try Netflix again.
Refresh your device and network
- Unplug the power from your Roku, as well as your modem and router. After about a minute, plug the devices back in, wait for them to start back up, and try Netflix again.