Netflix Windows 8 App Error W8156-80004004
If you're experiencing Error W8156-80004004 on the Netflix app for Windows 8, try the following troubleshooting steps.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap Settings.
- If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, then click Settings.
- In the lower right corner of the screen, tap or click Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery.
- The Windows Update selection should then be selected by default.
- Tap or click Check now.
- Follow the prompts to install all recommended and optional updates.
- Restart your device.
- Try Netflix again.
- You may need to obtain a graphics driver compatible with Windows 8. If you are unsure how to do this, contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance.
- If there is no graphics driver compatible with Windows 8 available for your computer, play in desktop mode.
- If you have updated to the most recent graphics driver compatible with Windows 8 and are still experiencing this error, contact us via the help center link below.
If you are using a dual-monitor setup, try the steps below to determine if the error is specific to the secondary display.
- Navigate to Desktop.
- Right-click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution.
- Navigate to and select the Make this my main display check box for the secondary monitor.
- Select OK to apply the change.
- Attempt to play the title again.
If playback is successful on the secondary monitor, but not the first, it may be necessary to contact your PC manufacturer for assistance.
If you have a second display connected to your computer, physically disconnect that device from your computer and attempt to play the title again. If you are able to play, it may be necessary to contact your PC manufacturer for assistance.