Netflix Playback Error W8158
The error you're seeing is typically caused by:
- An issue with stored information or settings on the device
- An issue with the device connecting to your Network
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve this issue.
Perform Windows Updates
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap Settings.
- If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, then click Settings.
- In the lower right corner of the screen, tap or click Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery.
- The Windows Update selection should then be selected by default.
- Tap or click Check now.
- Follow the prompts to install all recommended and optional updates.
- Restart your device.
- Try Netflix again.
Ensure you have an up to date Windows 8 graphics driver
- You may need to obtain a graphics driver compatible with Windows 8. If you are unsure how to do this, contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance.
- If there is no graphics driver compatible with Windows 8 available for your computer, play in desktop mode.
- If you have updated to the most recent graphics driver compatible with Windows 8 and are still experiencing this error, contact us via the help center link below.
Thanks for your feedback.