Netflix Features on Your Apple TV
- Navigation: All new devices have scrolling rows of movie posters and search for navigation. Older devices that do not have these navigation options are denoted with an asterisk (*).
- Supported Regions: Netflix will help resolve problems streaming movies and television shows on supported devices in the regions below. This is not an indication of where the device is sold.
- Resolution: Maximum resolution is listed; titles with an HD symbol will stream in high definition on capable devices with an Internet connection speed of 5 mb/s or more.
- Subtitles and Audio: Some devices support subtitles, alternative audio (dubbing, other languages), or 5.1 Surround Sound when available.
Enabling subtitles on Apple TV devices will require that you have Software Version 5.0 or higher installed on the device.
Subtitles are supported on Apple TV devices running iOS v5.0 or higher. If you're experiencing difficulty enabling subtitles on your Apple TV, you may want to verify that your the software for your Apple TV is up to date with the following steps:
- Select Settings.
- Select General.
- Select About.
- Verify the Apple TV Software Version is 5.0 or higher.
- If your Apple TV Software is not up to date, please contact Apple support for assistance updating to the newest version available for your device.
The chart below describes the features available for Apple TV models.
|Model||Supported Regions||Resolution||Subtitles & Audio|
|Apple TV 2||All Netflix Regions||720p||Subtitles, Alternate Audio, 5.1 Surround Sound|
|Apple TV 3||All Netflix Regions||1080p||Subtitles, Alternate Audio, 5.1 Surround Sound|