Netflix Error NW-3-6 on Sony PlayStation 3
If you see an error that says,
We're having a problem connecting to Netflix. Please try again or visit: www.netflix.com/help. Code: nw-3-6
It typically points to a network connectivity issue preventing your PS3 from accessing Netflix. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
- From the PS3 main menu, navigate to Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Internet Connection Settings.
- Press OK on the confirmation screen.
- Select Custom.
- Choose either Wired Connection or Wireless, depending on the type of network being used.
- If Wireless, use the following steps before proceeding.
- Under the WLAN section, select Enter Manually.
- Press to the right three times to get to IP Address Setting (your previously saved SSID, Security Setting, and Password will be automatically input for you).
- If Wired connection, select Auto-Detect for Operation mode.
- Select Automatic for IP Address Setting.
- Select Do Not Set for DHCP host name.
- Select Automatic for DNS Setting.
- Select Automatic for MTU.
- Select Do Not Use for Proxy Server.
- Select Enable for UPnP.
- Tap right on the analog stick until you see the option to "Press the X button to save settings."
- Press the X button.
- Select Test Connection.
If the above steps fail to resolve the error, you may need to contact your Internet service provider for assistance troubleshooting a potential DNS issue.