The Microsoft Silverlight player on which Netflix.com runs requires that your Windows user account have administrative rights.
To confirm your account has admin rights, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Run browser as Administrator
- Quit all open browsers - including this window! You may want to print the following steps.
- Click on the Start Menu in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
- Select All Programs.
- From the items listed, right-click (or press and hold on touchscreen devices) on your preferred browser icon (Netflix supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome).
- Select Run as Administrator.
- If prompted, select Allow.
- Use this newly opened window to play your movie or TV show again.
- Attempting to play again from the original browser window will likely result in the same error.
- If these steps allow you to stream movies and TV shows from Netflix.com, your account does not have administrative rights. Talk to your computer manufacturer/administrator to add administrative rights to your account.
- Log in as another Windows user
- If you are able to play your movie or TV show, the new user account has the needed permissions to use the Silverlight player.