Netflix Playback Error 108 on Apple Devices
The error you're seeing is typically caused by:
- An issue with the Netflix application itself
- An issue with some Netflix account information stored on the device
- An issue connecting to the Internet from your device
In some cases, this error code may be accompanied by the following error message:
Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please visit the Netflix website. (108)
To fix this error, follow the steps below for your Apple TV or Apple Mobile device.
Steps for Apple TV
Note: If using the Apple remote application on an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, switch to the Apple TV remote to sign in
- Navigate to the main Netflix menu inside the application and click Logout.
- Click Yes to sign out.
- Launch the Netflix application again.
- Click Already a member? Sign in.
- Enter your Netflix e-mail and password to sign back.
- Unplug the power cable either from the back of the Apple TV or from the wall.
- Wait 5 seconds and plug the device back in.
Steps for Apple Mobile Devices
- From the main menu, touch and hold the Netflix app on the Home screen until it jiggles.
- Tap the X in the top left of the Netflix icon, then tap Delete.
- Enter the App Store, search for "Netflix" and select the free Netflix app from Netflix, Inc.
- Tap the Install button. You will need to enter your iTunes password to install the app.
- Once installed, tap the Netflix icon.
- Enter the email and password for your Netflix account and tap Sign In.
- If you need directions for rebooting your Apple device, see the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting article on Apple's Support website.
Make sure your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch has an Internet connection by attempting to visit a website (such as apple.com) in a web browser (such as Safari). If the page doesn't load, or is slow to load, try turning your device's WiFi connection off and then back on. If you're still not able to connect, you may have Internet connection issues.