Netflix Error W8156-88890001
If you experience the error code W8156-88890001 on your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device, it's typically caused by an issue with your computer's audio drivers. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue.
- Check your computer manufacturer's website for an audio driver compatible with Windows 8 or 8.1. If you're unsure which driver to download or how to install it, your computer manufacturer will be able to assist you.
- If audio drivers for Windows 8.1 aren't available, try downloading the latest audio drivers available for Windows 8.
- If no compatible audio drivers are available for your hardware, streaming Netflix from your web browser in desktop mode will resolve the error.
- If you've updated to the most recent audio driver compatible with Windows 8 or 8.1 and are still encountering this error when attempting to stream, contact your computer manufacturer.
- Select Store from the Start screen or the Taskbar.
- Select the User Icon to the left of the search box.
- Select Downloads or Updates.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Select the down arrow on the right to download the Netflix update.
- The Netflix app will now be downloaded and updated.