Netflix Playback Error W8156-88890001
The error you're seeing is typically caused by:
- An issue with stored information or settings on the device
- An issue with the device connecting to your Network
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve this issue.
Ensure you have an up-to-date Windows 8 audio driver
- Check your computer manufacturer's website for an audio driver compatible with Windows 8 or 8.1. If you're unsure which driver to download or how to install it, your computer manufacturer will be able to assist you.
- If audio drivers for Windows 8.1 aren't available, try downloading the latest audio drivers available for Windows 8.
- If no compatible audio drivers are available for your hardware, streaming Netflix from your web browser in desktop mode will resolve the error.
- If you've updated to the most recent audio driver compatible with Windows 8 or 8.1 and are still encountering this error when attempting to stream, give us a call.
Thanks for your feedback.