Netflix Error W8156-C00D36B4
The error you're seeing is typically caused by:
- An issue with stored information or settings on the device
- An issue with the device connecting to your network
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve this issue.
Sometimes using a TV as an external monitor for your computer can cause this issue.
- Disconnect your computer from your TV and play your movie or show again. If you are able to play without problems, check your TV owner's manual or manufacturer support website for information on using your TV as a computer monitor.
- Click on the Start button, or open the Charms menu.
- Select the search option from the Charms bar.
- Search for Control Panel.
- Select Sound.
- If you do not see Sound, first select Hardware and Sound, then select Sound.
- On the Playback tab, select Speakers.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Enhancements tab.
If the Enhancements tab is not visible:
If you were unable to locate the Enhancements tab while following the steps above:
- Your audio card may not support audio enhancements, or
- Your audio card drivers may need to be reinstalled or updated
Check your computer manufacturer's website for an audio driver compatible with Windows 8 or 8.1. If you're unsure which driver to download or how to install it, your computer manufacturer will be able to assist you.
- If audio drivers for Windows 8.1 aren't available, try downloading the latest audio drivers available for Windows 8.
- If no compatible audio drivers are available for your hardware, streaming Netflix from your web browser in desktop mode will resolve the error.
If you've updated to the most recent audio driver compatible with Windows 8 or 8.1 and are still encountering this error when attempting to stream, give us a call.
- Make sure that the box for Disable all enhancements or Disable all sound effects is checked.
- Click OK.
- Try Netflix again.
- Select Store from the Start screen or the Taskbar.
- Select the User Icon to the left of the search box.
- Select Downloads or Updates.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Select the down arrow on the right to download the Netflix update.
- The Netflix app will now be downloaded and updated.