Netflix Playback Error W8156-C00D36B4
The error you're seeing is typically caused by:
- An issue with stored information or settings on the device
- An issue with the device connecting to your Network
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve this issue.
Are you using a TV as a monitor?
Sometimes using a TV as an external monitor for your computer can cause this issue.
- Disconnect your computer from your TV and play your movie or show again. If you are able to play without problems, check your TV owner's manual or manufacturer support website for information on using your TV as a computer monitor.
Disable Audio Enhancements (Windows Vista/7/8 only)
- Click on the Start button.
- If you're using Windows 8, click on the down arrow icon in the lower left corner to go on to the next page.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Sound.
- If you do not see Sound, first click Hardware and Sound, then click Sound.
- On the Playback tab, click the Default Device (indicated by a green circle with a check mark inside).
- After selecting the Default Device, click on the Properties button.
- In the new window that appears, click on the Enhancements tab.
- Make sure that the box for Disable all enhancements or Disable all sound effects is checked.
Thanks for your feedback.