Netflix Error W8156-C00D36B4
The error you're seeing is typically caused by:
- An issue with stored information or settings on the device
- An issue with the device connecting to your Network
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve this issue.
Are you using a TV as a monitor?
Sometimes using a TV as an external monitor for your computer can cause this issue.
- Disconnect your computer from your TV and play your movie or show again. If you are able to play without problems, check your TV owner's manual or manufacturer support website for information on using your TV as a computer monitor.
Disable Audio Enhancements (Windows 8)
- While in Desktop Mode, click on the volume icon in the lower right hand corner.
- The volume adjustment window will appear, select the speaker icon at the top of that window.
- Once the speaker properties window has appeared, select the enhancements tab.
- Check the box marked Disable all Enhancements.
- Select Apply.
Update the Netflix app
- Select Store from the Start screen or the Taskbar.
- Select the User Icon to the left of the search box.
- Select Downloads or Updates.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Select the down arrow on the right to download the Netflix update.
- The Netflix app will now be downloaded and updated.
Have feedback on this article?
Thanks for your feedback. Please sign in to provide specifics as to how we can improve.
Thanks for your feedback. Please note that we are currently unable to respond to feedback submitted through this form.