How does the My List section of Netflix work?
My List lets you create a customized row of movies and TV shows to watch later as you browse our catalog. Once you’ve added several titles to My List, we’ll sort it for you, presenting you with the titles you’re most likely to want to watch right up front. Read on for answers to some of our most common questions about My List.
Where can I find My List?
My List is available on the Netflix website and all Netflix ready devices connected to your Netflix account. Some older devices may refer to My List as “Instant Queue,” but it functions exactly the same way.
The kid-friendly section of Netflix is quite different than the standard Netflix experience and does not display the My List feature. However, you can switch back to the standard Netflix experience at any time and regain access to My List.
Still having trouble finding My List? Read My List is missing on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and Netflix is missing movie box art, search or My List.
How do I add movies and TV shows to My List?
My List will hold up to 500 titles. To add a title, follow the steps below.
- On the website: Hover over a TV show or movie and select the "+" option or select a TV show or movie then select "+ My List."
- On your Netflix ready device: Select a title, then select "Add to My List" or "+ My List."
- If you have Instant Queue: Use the Netflix website to add titles.
How do I remove movies and TV shows from My List?
To remove a movie or TV show from My List, follow the steps below.
- On the website: Select the Checkmark icon when viewing the details of a movie or TV show.
- On your Netflix ready device: Select a title, then select "Remove from My List."
- If you have Instant Queue: Use the Netflix website to remove titles.
How can I view all of My List on one page?
On the website, you can see all of the My List titles you’ve added on a single page. To do this, select “My List” at the top of the row on the Netflix homepage.
On most newer Netflix ready devices, My List will show all of the movies and TV shows you've added to it.
How does Netflix determine the order of My List?
We order the movies and TV shows by what you’re most likely to watch. Here are a few reasons we consider moving titles to the front of My List:
- Did you add the title to My List recently?
- Did a new season of a show in My List recently become available to watch?
- Did your friend watch a title recently that is in My List? (Only used if your Netflix account is connected to Facebook).
- Is there a title in My List that may expire soon and no longer be available?
On the website, we will occasionally show you the reason we’ve moved a title to the front of My List under the picture of the movie or TV show.
If you are in the US, you can also manually arrange the order of the movies and TV shows on My List from the Your Account page. To do so, navigate to Your Account and click on the "Order in My List" link, then select Manual Ordering.
I would prefer not to use My List. How can I get rid of it?
If you never use My List or rarely watch from this row, it will slowly drop lower on the screen when browsing our movies and TV shows. On newer devices, My List won't be displayed if nothing is added to it.
I'm traveling, and I don't see all of the titles on My List. What's going on?
While My List is a globally supported feature, My List will only display movies and TV shows that are available in the region in which you are currently located. Everything you add to My List is saved, so when you return home or when the title becomes available in your current region, you will automatically see it on My List.