Netflix says "HDCP Unauthorized. Content Disabled." on my Roku.
If you see an error that says,
HDCP Unauthorized. Content Disabled.
This error typically points to a hardware problem. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
Restart your Roku by unplugging it from power for at least 10 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on with the power button. Restarting the device is often enough to restore your ability to connect to our service.
Once the device has been restarted, wait 1 full minute before attempting to access Netflix. Your Roku will need time to reconnect to your home network before you will be able to access Netflix.
Your device may be experiencing an HDCP issue. For more context, see our article What is HDCP? Follow the troubleshooting below to resolve any HDCP issues.
- Ensure that you are using an HDMI cable.
- Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to your TV.
- Try reversing the ends or try a new HDMI cable.
- Try another HDMI port on your TV.
- If available, try an HDMI port on another TV.