I'm getting ads or pop-ups while watching Netflix on my computer.
Netflix does not push advertisements to members using our service. If you're seeing ads or pop-ups when streaming video from Netflix to your computer, your computer or browser has most likely been compromised by adware or malware. To remove it, use the anti-malware, anti-adware or anti-virus software recommended by your computer manufacturer or a trusted IT professional.
While Netflix as a company does not endorse or advocate specific vendors, our Support Engineers have successfully used the following to clean up these types of infections:
- Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
- Sophos: http://www.sophos.com/products/free-tools/virus-removal-tool.aspx
- Trend Micro: http://www.trendmicro.com
- F-Secure: http://www.f-secure.com
- Symantec: http://www.norton.com
- Malware Bytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org
Keep in mind that malware can evolve, and that other malicious programs can cause similar problems. Whichever program you choose to use, be sure to keep it up to date with the latest software release.