Ads and Pop-ups When Streaming to Your PC or Mac
Netflix does not push advertisements to members using our service. If you are experiencing advertisements or pop-ups when streaming video from Netflix to your computer, your computer or browser has most likely been compromised by malware.
To resolve this issue, use the anti-malware, anti-adware or anti-virus software recommended by your computer manufacturer or a trusted IT professional.
While Netflix as a company does not endorse or advocate specific vendors, our Support Engineers have successfully used the following to clean up these types of infections:
- Ad-Aware (pc): http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
- Sophos (pc, mac): http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/virus-removal-tool.aspx
- Trend Micro (pc, mac): http://www.trendmicro.com
- F-Secure (pc, mac): http://www.f-secure.com
- Symantec (pc, mac): http://www.norton.com
- Malware Bytes (pc): http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Keep in mind that malware can evolve, or other malicious programs may cause similar problems. Whichever program you choose to use, be sure to keep it up to date with the latest software release.