I get ads or pop-ups while watching on my computer.
If you are experiencing advertisements or pop-ups when streaming Netflix on your computer, your computer or browser has most likely been the victim of malware.
Not to worry, our Support Engineers have successfully used the following to clean up these types of infections:
Note: Netflix as a company doesn't endorse or advocate for specific vendors
- Ad-Aware (pc): http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
- Sophos (pc, mac): http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/virus-removal-tool.aspx
- Trend Micro (pc, mac): http://www.trendmicro.com
- F-Secure (pc, mac): http://www.f-secure.com
- Symantec (pc, mac): http://www.norton.com
- Malware Bytes (pc): http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Keep in mind that malware can evolve, or other malicious programs may cause similar problems. Whichever program you choose to use, be sure to keep it up to date with the latest software release.