Netflix Error 12001
If you experience the error code 12001, it typically points to some information stored on your device that needs to be refreshed. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue.
- Power off your Android phone or tablet by holding down the power button.
- Confirm that you want to turn off your Android.
- Press the power button again to power your Android back on.
- Once your Android finishes turning on, try Netflix again.
- From the Home screen on your device, navigate to Settings.
- Select General.
- If you don't see General, continue to the next step.
- Select Apps or Applications.
- Select Manage Applications, Application Manager, or Manage All Apps.
- If you don't see these selections, continue to the next step.
- Scroll down and select Netflix.
- If you don't see Netflix, check the Downloaded tab.
- Select Storage.
- If you don't see Storage, continue to the next step
- Select Clear Data, then OK.
- Try Netflix again.
If possible, connect your device to a different Internet access point, then try Netflix again. Some examples:
- Attempt to connect to a different Wi-Fi network in range of your device.
- Bring your device to a neighbor's or friend's house and attempt to stream.
- If you have the ability to connect to a mobile hotspot from your device, try using it to connect to Netflix. While we generally don't advise streaming over a data network as a fix, it's a good way to see if a home network configuration issue is what's keeping you from streaming reliably.
If you're able to stream using a different Internet connection, we recommend checking with whoever set up your home network to resolve any potential issues with the way the network is configured.
If you're attempting to stream on a work or school network or public Wi-Fi, talk with the network's administrator to make sure it supports streaming services such as Netflix. If it does not, you will not be able to stream Netflix movies or TV shows.
- Press and hold the button on the upper left side of the device until a box comes up that says Power Off.
- Touch Power Off and your device will turn off.
- Press and hold the power button until the device begins to turn on.
- Try Netflix again.
You might be asked to update the Nook firmware after turning your device back on. Please do! If you have problems with the firmware update, you'll want to contact Barnes & Noble for support. Otherwise, launch Netflix and try playing the title again.