Using Netflix on your Amazon Fire TV/Stick
Welcome to Netflix on your Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick! Use this article to learn about Netflix features and how to set up and sign out of your account. If you’re unsure if your device supports Netflix, follow the steps on the “Set up Netflix” tab to attempt to locate the Netflix app.
Netflix is available on the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick in the US, the UK, Germany, Austria, Japan, and India.
On most devices, Netflix lets you browse through rows of TV shows and movies, including a row dedicated to your My List selections. Each row represents a category (Comedies, Dramas, TV shows, etc) that we present to you based on what you’ve watched.
Older devices may not have rows of movie categories, but do allow you to scroll through My List, which you can create using the Netflix website.
Voice Search for the Amazon Fire TV and Fire stick is not currently supported with the Netflix app.
Most devices are capable of streaming Netflix in high definition on fast internet connections and will play Netflix in their maximum supported resolution (see our internet connection speed recommendations for more information).
Subtitles & Alternate Audio:
Learn how to enable subtitles, closed captions, and alternate audio (including 5.1 surround sound), which are available on many TV shows and movies. To check if your device supports 5.1 audio, go to any Netflix original series to see if there is a 5.1 audio option. If not, your device may not support this feature, or it may need to be turned on. Many devices will let you customize the appearance of subtitles and captions. Older devices will display subtitles and captions in their default appearance or are not configured to display subtitles.
Set up Netflix
To connect your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick to your Netflix account, make sure you are on the Home screen and follow the steps below.
Please note that Netflix is only is available on the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick in the US, the UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan.
- From the main screen, select Search.
- Type "Netflix," then select Netflix.
- Select Netflix.
- Select Free or Download.
- When the download completes, select Open.
- Select Sign In.
- Enter your Netflix email address and password.
Your device is now connected to your Netflix account. Enjoy!
Sign out of Netflix
To disconnect your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick from your Netflix account, begin from the Home screen and follow the steps below.
- Select Settings.
- Select Applications.
- Select Manage All Installed Applications.
- Scroll down and select Netflix.
- Select Clear Data.
Netflix in Ultra HD
Netflix is available in Ultra HD on select Amazon Fire TV devices. To stream in Ultra HD, you will need:
- A TV compatible with Ultra HD streaming from Netflix, connected to your Amazon Fire TV device via an HDMI port that supports HDCP 2.2 or later (usually the HDMI 1 port).
- A plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you're currently on at netflix.com/ChangePlan.
- A steady internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher.
- Streaming quality set to Auto or High. More information about video quality settings can be found in our Playback Settings article.
The following Amazon Fire TV devices currently support Netflix in Ultra HD:
- Amazon Fire TV (New Version)