Internet Connection Speed Recommendations
Below are the internet speed requirements and recommendations for playing movies and TV shows on the Netflix website.
*Note: Internet speeds listed represent Download speeds.
- 0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
- 1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
- 3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for DVD quality
- 5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
- 7.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for Super HD quality
- 12 Megabits per second - Recommended for 3D quality
HD Video Quality
Movies and TV shows we have available in high definition will play in 720p or better with a fast enough internet connection. If you would like to view high definition titles whenever they are available, be sure to change your video quality setting to High on the Video Quality page.
Netflix Bandwidth Usage
Higher quality video uses more bandwidth than lower-quality video. If your service provider applies a bandwidth or data cap to your Internet service, you can Manage Bandwith Usage by changing the video quality settings to Low or Medium to consume less data.