Can I stream Netflix in Ultra HD?
Ultra HD streaming is available on Netflix!
What do I need to stream Ultra HD?
- A TV compatible with Ultra HD streaming from Netflix. See below for more details.
- A plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you're currently on or upgrade your plan at netflix.com/ChangePlan.
- A steady Internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher. See below for more details.
- Streaming quality set to High or Auto. More information about video quality settings can be found in our Playback Settings article.
Which TVs support Ultra HD streaming with Netflix?
See our features article for your TV manufacturer for information about streaming Netflix in Ultra HD.
- Using Netflix on your Hisense TV or streaming media player
- Using Netflix on your Insignia TV or Blu-ray player
- Using Netflix on your LG TV, Blu-ray player, or set-top box
- Using Netflix on your Panasonic TV or Blu-ray player
- Using Netflix on your Philips TV or Blu-ray player
- Using Netflix on your Roku TV
- Using Netflix on your Samsung TV or Blu-ray player
- Using Netflix on your Sharp TV or Blu-ray player
- Using Netflix on your Sony TV or Blu-ray player
- Using Netflix on your Tatung TV
- Using Netflix on your TCL TV
- Using Netflix on your Toshiba TV or Blu-ray player
- Using Netflix on your Vestel TV
- Using Netflix on your Vizio TV or Blu-ray player
- More devices coming soon!
Do other devices support Ultra HD streaming with Netflix?
The following devices support Ultra HD streaming when paired with an Ultra HD TV via HDMI Port 1:
- Air 7410X (Waoo! in Denmark)
- AirTV Player
- Amazon Fire TV (New Version)
- BANDOTT BA101 (FLnet in Taiwan)
- British Telecom - BT DTRT-4000
- Broadcom VIP5662 (Bell Canada)
- Chromecast Ultra
- Dish Hopper 3
- Fetch Mighty
- New TIMvision Decoder
- New Vodafone TV (Spain)
- Nvidia Shield
- Orange Livebox Play 4
- PCCW nowOne
- PlayStation 4 Pro
- Roku 4
- Sagem 4K (Totalplay in Mexico)
- Sunrise DIW384
- TiVo Bolt
- UHD Swisscom TV-Box
- Virgin Media - V6 powered by TiVo
- Vodafone TV (Italy)
- Xbox One S
- More devices coming soon!
Can I watch Netflix in Ultra HD on my computer?
How fast does my Internet need to be to stream in Ultra HD?
We recommend an Internet connection speed of at least 25 megabits per second to stream Ultra HD titles. For more information, see our Internet Connection Speed Recommendations article.
How do I find Ultra HD titles?
If your TV supports Netflix Ultra HD streaming and you have a plan that offers it, you can search Netflix for the terms "4K" or "UHD" to find titles available in Ultra HD.
You will also see this row in your Netflix experience on supported TVs.
*For TV shows, some earlier seasons may not be available in Ultra HD.
Why aren't I seeing the Ultra HD row on my 4K HDTV?
Ultra HD 4K streaming through Netflix is only available on specific TV models and streaming devices. Please see above for more details.
Ultra HD 4K streaming through Netflix is also only available on plans that supports streaming in Ultra HD. You can check which plan you're currently on at netflix.com/ChangePlan.
If you have an Ultra HD 4K supported TV, device, and plan but still aren't seeing the Ultra HD row, there may be an issue with your device's connection to your TV. To resolve this issue, connect your device directly to your TV. You can do this by unplugging the device's HDMI cable from any receivers or stereo equipment and plugging it into your TV. If your device is already directly connected to your TV, try using another HDMI port. Please note that both the HDMI cable and the HDMI port on your TV must be HDCP 2.2 certified. Consult your TV/s user manual or your device manufacturer for more information.