Using Netflix on your Windows 8 App
Welcome to Netflix on your Windows 8 App! Use this article to learn about Netflix features and how to set up and sign out of your account. If you’re unsure if your device supports Netflix, follow the steps on the “Set up Netflix” tab to attempt to locate the Netflix app.
This section details features on the Netflix app downloaded from the Windows Store. See Netflix.com Player Features on your Web Browser if you're streaming Netflix on through a web browser on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Browse genre columns: Click or tap on a genre title to browse movies and TV shows.
- Search from the Charms menu: Move the mouse curser to the bottom right corner, or swipe from right to left on a touch screen, to open the Charms menu and access search.
- Movie or TV Show Pages: Hover over a movie or TV show poster to get a pop-up with information such as a brief synopsis, year(s) produced, or maturity rating. Clicking on the title within the pop-up will take you to the full information page for that movie or TV show.
- Playback: Tap or click on a poster to begin playing a movie or TV show. During video playback, use the scroll bar at the bottom of the application screen to see more options. To exit video playback, click in the upper left hand corner of the movie and select the back button.
Netflix supports streaming on Windows 8 in all regions where Netflix is available.
Windows 8 supports streaming in 1080p.
Subtitles & Alternate Audio:
Windows 8 supports subtitles and alternate audio on select titles or 5.1 Surround Sound when available. Select the Subtitles and Alternate Audio icon at the bottom of the screen to configure subtitle and alternate language audio.
To connect your Windows 8 App to your Netflix account, make sure you are on the Home screen and follow the steps below.
Install the Netflix Application
- From the Start menu select Store.
- Bring up the Charms Bar by swiping from the right or moving your mouse to the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose Search.
- Type Netflix in the search box and press Enter.
- Select Netflix located in the results.
- Select Install.
- If you are prompted to log in, use your Microsoft information to log in.
- Return to the Start menu.
- Select the Netflix app.
- Select Member sign in.
- Enter your Netflix email address and password.
- Select Sign In.
Your device is now connected to your Netflix account. Enjoy!
To sign out of the Netflix account on your device, follow the steps below.
- Open the Netflix application.
- Swipe from the right of the screen to open the Charms bar.
- Select the Settings option on the Charms bar.
- Select Sign Out from the Settings menu on the Charms bar.
- When prompted with the confirmation option select Sign Out once again.