Dolby Atmos on Netflix
Netflix supports streaming with Dolby Atmos Audio on select titles.
What do I need to stream with Dolby Atmos audio?
- A Dolby Atmos capable audio system
- A “4 Screens + Ultra HD” Netflix plan. You can check which plan you’re currently on at netflix.com/ChangePlan
- A Netflix capable device with Dolby Atmos support
- Streaming quality set to High or Auto. More information about video quality settings can be found in our Playback Settings article.
Which devices support Dolby Atmos audio with Netflix?
Devices that support Dolby Atmos with Netflix:
- Xbox One
- Xbox One S
- 2017 LG OLED TVs
How to configure your Xbox One for Dolby Atmos
There are two ways to enjoy Dolby Atmos audio on Xbox One or One S:
- Using a Dolby Atmos-capable home theater audio system, such as an AV receiver, or sound bar
- Using headphones and the Dolby Access app on Xbox.
To use a home theater audio system:
- Connect your Xbox to a Dolby Atmos capable audio system via HDMI:
- Recommended Setup: Xbox → AV receiver or soundbar → TV
- Navigate to the Xbox One settings menu, and select Display and Sound.
- Choose the Audio Output box.
- Under the heading Speaker Audio, set the HDMI Audio option to Bitstream.
- The Bitstream Format box at the bottom of the page should now be available to modify. Select this box, and then choose the Dolby Atmos For Home Theater (HDMI ONLY) option.
- You will then be prompted to download the free Dolby Access app from the Xbox Store.
- Download the Dolby Access app from the Xbox store and then launch it. You will be asked how you want to experience Dolby Atmos. Select either home theater or headphones depending on which you would like to use.
- For home theater the App will ask you to confirm that your AV system is Dolby Atmos capable.
- Restart your Xbox after changing connections so that changes can take effect.
If you are unsure if your audio equipment supports Dolby Atmos, please check with the manufacturer to confirm compatibility.
To use your headphones and the Dolby Access app:
Download and install the Dolby Access app from the Xbox Store.
How to configure your LG TV for Dolby Atmos
Your 2017 LG OLED TV can provide an Atmos experience using the integrated soundbar or speakers.
You can also connect a Dolby Atmos capable home theater audio system to your LG TV’s HDMI-ARC port.
How fast does my internet need to be to stream Netflix with Dolby Atmos Audio?
We recommend an internet connection speed of at least 3 megabits per second to stream titles with Dolby Atmos audio.
How can I find titles with Dolby Atmos audio available?
If you have a Dolby Atmos capable system and the “4 Screens + Ultra HD” Netflix streaming plan, available titles will display a Dolby Atmos icon next to their description: