Netflix Error 139
The error you're seeing is typically caused by:
- An issue with the Netflix application itself
- An issue with some Netflix account information stored on the device
- An issue connecting to the Internet from your device
In some cases, this error code may be accompanied by the following error message:
A problem occurred while playing this item. Try again later, or select a different item. Go to www.netflix.com/support for more information. (139)
Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Make sure your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch has an Internet connection by attempting to visit a website (such as apple.com) in a web browser (such as Safari). If the page doesn't load, or is slow to load, try turning your device's Wi-Fi connection off and then back on. If you're still not able to connect, you may have Internet connection issues or need to speak to your wireless network provider about your device's connection to our service.
If possible, connect your iOS device to a different network to rule out home network configuration problems as the cause of your issue. To choose a different wireless network:
- Press the Home button on your device.
- Select the Settings app.
- Select Wi-Fi from the Settings menu.
- Select a different network and connect to it.
- Once you've connected to another network, launch Netflix and try your movie or TV show again.
- If you are unable to use a different Internet connection or if this does not resolve the issue, please contact your Internet service provider for further assistance.
Turn your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch off and wait for 10 seconds before turning it back on and trying Netflix again.
- If you need directions for rebooting your Apple device, see the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting article on Apple's Support website.