Netflix Error 139
The error you're seeing is typically caused by:
- An issue with the Netflix app itself
- An issue with some Netflix account information stored on your device
- An issue connecting to the Internet from your device
In some cases, this error code may be accompanied by the following error message:
A problem occurred while playing this item. Try again later, or select a different item. Go to www.netflix.com/support for more information. (139)
Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue.
Troubleshoot problems connecting to Netflix
If you're having issues playing your TV show or movie, see our steps for troubleshooting Netflix issues on your Apple TV.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
You can test your device's connection to the Internet by attempting to visit a webpage from your device, such as netflix.com.
If Safari says it cannot open the page because your device is not connected to the Internet, you may be experiencing a connectivity issue that will require troubleshooting your home network or your device's connection to the Internet. See Apple's support site for more help.
Once you're connected to the Internet, try Netflix again.
If possible, connect your iOS device to a different network to rule out home network configuration problems as the cause of your issue. To choose a different wireless network:
- Press the Home button on your device.
- Select the Settings app.
- Select Wi-Fi from the Settings menu.
- Select a different network and connect to it.
- Once you've connected to another network, launch Netflix and try your movie or TV show again.
- If you are unable to use a different Internet connection or if this does not resolve the issue, please contact your Internet service provider for further assistance.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn the device completely off.
- After 10 seconds, press the Sleep/Wake button to turn your device back on.
- Once your device powers on, try Netflix again.