How can I share movies and TV shows with someone?
Netflix offers a way to share your favorite movies and TV shows with your friends and family. This sharing is optional and uses the standard sharing tool that comes on most mobile and tablet devices, including:
- Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Android Mobile/Tablets
We no longer offer social sharing features through Facebook. If you previously connected your account to Facebook, you can still sign in using Facebook and your Facebook profile picture will continue to be your Netflix profile picture. If you would like to disconnect from Facebook, see below. Note that once you disconnect, you will not be able to reconnect in the future.
Sharing movies and TV shows through mobile devices.
You can share or recommend individual movies or TV shows through mobile devices. Recommendations can be sent from supported devices using the following method.
- Navigate to the details page of the movie or TV show you wish to share.
- Tap on the share icon to enable sharing through apps on your device, such as text message, email, or social or messaging apps.
- Choose the app you wish to share through and complete the share through that app.
Disconnecting from Facebook
We previously allowed members to connect to Facebook to sign in or take advantage of our social features. We no longer offer those social features, but do continue to allow members who originally signed up for Netflix with Facebook to continue to sign in with their Facebook information, and to use their Facebook profile picture as their profile picture. If you no longer want your Netflix account to be connected to Facebook, follow one of the options below. Note that once you disconnect, you will not be able to re-connect.
Disable Social Settings from the Netflix website:
- Sign in to Netflix.com.
- Select the profile you want to disconnect from Facebook.
- Click your name in the upper right corner and select Your Account.
- Select Social Settings.
- Select Disconnect.
Disable Social Settings from the Facebook website:
- Sign in to Facebook.com.
- On the left side of the page, hover over Apps, then select More.
- Select Settings.
- Locate Netflix.
- Select See More if Netflix is not listed.
- Hover over Netflix and select Remove.
- Select Remove.