Netflix Playback Error 1017 on Android devices
The error code 1017 while trying to watch Netflix on your Android tablet or mobile device is typically caused by some information on the device that needs to be refreshed. Follow the steps below to refresh that information and get back to watching Netflix.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Under Device, choose Application Manager or Apps section.
- Can't find your Application Manager? Refer to your owner's manual or contact your phone manufacturer for further assistance.
- Under Downloaded, choose Netflix.
- Choose Clear data, then OK.
- Re-enter the Netflix application and try playing again.
Restart the device by powering it completely off for about 15 seconds, then power it back on and attempt to stream again. This will cause the existing network connection to the device to be refreshed once power is restored. If the previous step was unsuccessful, restarting the device is often enough to restore your ability to connect to our service.
Be sure that the device is turned completely off, or even unplugged, if possible -- it's much more effective at refreshing the device's network connection than putting the device into standby or "sleep" mode.