Netflix Error 1017
If you experience the error code 1017 on your Android phone or tablet, it typically indicates you're using an out-of-date version of the Netflix app. Please download all available Android and Netflix app updates before continuing. If all available updates have been installed and you're still experiencing this issue, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- From the Home screen on your device, navigate to Settings.
- Select General.
- If you don't see General, continue to the next step.
- Select Apps or Applications.
- Select Manage Applications, Application Manager, or Manage All Apps.
- If you don't see these selections, continue to the next step.
- Scroll down and select Netflix.
- If you don't see Netflix, check the Downloaded tab.
- Select Storage.
- If you don't see Storage, continue to the next step
- Select Clear Data, then OK.
- Try Netflix again.
- Power off your Android phone or tablet by holding down the power button.
- Confirm that you want to turn off your Android.
- Press the power button again to power your Android back on.
- Once your Android finishes turning on, try Netflix again.