Netflix Error 1017
If you experience the error code 1017 on your Android phone or tablet, it typically indicates you're using an out-of-date version of the Netflix app. Please download all available Android and Netflix app updates before continuing. If all available updates have been installed and you're still experiencing this issue, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- From the Home screen on your device, navigate to Settings.
- Select General.
- If you don't have General as an option, continue to the next step.
- Select Apps, Manage Applications, Application Manager, or Manage All Apps.
- Under Downloaded, select Netflix.
- Select Storage.
- Select Clear Data, then OK.
- Try Netflix again.
Restart the device by powering it completely off for about 15 seconds, then power it back on and attempt to stream again. Restarting the device is often enough to restore your ability to connect to our service.
Be sure that the device is turned completely off, or even unplugged, if possible -- unplugging the device for at least one minute is much more effective at refreshing the network connection than putting it into standby or "sleep" mode.