Netflix Error NW-4-8 on PlayStation 3
If you see an error message on your PlayStation 3 that says:
We're having a problem connecting to Netflix. Please try again or visit: www.netflix.com/help. Code: NW-4-8
It typically points to a connectivity issue preventing you from accessing Netflix. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
- Begin from the PS3 Home Screen.
- If you're not already at the home screen, hold the PS3 button in the middle of the controller, select Quit, then select Yes to return to the home screen.
- Navigate to the TV/Video Services section and highlight Netflix.
- Press X.
- Immediately after pressing X, press and hold both Start and Select and continue to hold them down until a message appears asking Do you want to reset your Netflix settings and re-register?
- Select Yes.
- Enter your Netflix email address and password.
Turn off your PlayStation 3, then unplug the device from power. After about a minute, plug it back in, turn it on, and attempt to launch the Netflix app again.
- From the PlayStation home screen, select PSN.
- Select Account Management and press the Triangle button.
- Select Sign Out and press the X button.
- From the PlayStation Main Menu, select PSN, then Sign In
- The PSN icon is located in the second column from the right on the PlayStation home screen.
- Enter your PlayStation Network sign-in ID (email address) and password.
- If you've forgotten your sign in information, PlayStation has instructions for resetting your PSN password.
- The PSN sign in prompt is a black screen with white writing and will ask for your Sign-In ID (Email Address) and gives you the option to "Sign In Automatically (Auto Sign-In)." Checking this box will usually eliminate the need to sign in to PlayStation Network each time you launch Netflix.
- Select Sign In.
- Once you have successfully connected to PSN, launch Netflix and attempt to stream again.
- From the PS3 main menu, navigate to Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Internet Connection Settings.
- Press OK on the confirmation screen.
- Select Custom.
- Choose either Wired Connection or Wireless, depending on the type of network being used.
- If Wireless, use the following steps before proceeding.
- Under the WLAN section, select Enter Manually.
- Press to the right three times to get to IP Address Setting (your previously saved SSID, Security Setting, and Password will be automatically input for you).
- If Wired connection, select Auto-Detect for Operation mode.
- Select Automatic for IP Address Setting.
- Select Do Not Set for DHCP host name.
- Select Automatic for DNS Setting.
- Select Automatic for MTU.
- Select Do Not Use for Proxy Server.
- Select Enable for UPnP.
- Tap right on the analog stick until you see the option to "Press the X button to save settings."
- Press the X button.
- Select Test Connection.