Netflix says 'Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. (-111)'
If you see an error that says
Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try to restart the Netflix application (-111).
It typically points to information stored on your device that needs to be refreshed. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue.
Amazon Fire TV/Stick
- Press the Home button on your Amazon Fire TV remote.
- Scroll right and select Settings.
- Scroll right and select Applications.
- Select Manage installed applications.
- Locate and select the Netflix app.
- Scroll down and select Clear data.
- Select Clear data again.
- Scroll down and select Clear cache.
- Unplug your Amazon Fire TV for 30 seconds
- Plug your Amazon Fire TV back in, then try Netflix again.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select Apps in the TV category.
- Under System apps, select Netflix.
- Select Clear data.
- Select OK.
- Try Netflix again.