Netflix Playback Error NW-4-7 on Sony PlayStation
If you get the error code NW-4-7 on your PS3 or PS4, accompanied by a message that says,
Cannot Connect to Netflix. nw-4-7
This error is usually caused by an Internet setting preventing you from reaching the Netflix service. To resolve this issue, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- From the PS3 main menu, navigate to Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Internet Connection Settings.
- Press OK on the confirmation screen.
- Select Custom.
- Choose either Wired Connection or Wireless, depending on the type of network being used.
- If Wireless, use the following steps before proceeding.
- Under the WLAN section, select Enter Manually.
- Press to the right three times to get to IP Address Setting (your previously saved SSID, Security Setting, and Password will be automatically input for you).
- If Wired connection, select Auto-Detect for Operation mode.
- Select Automatic for IP Address Setting.
- Select Do Not Set for DHCP host name.
- Select Automatic for DNS Setting.
- Select Automatic for MTU.
- Select Do Not Use for Proxy Server.
- Select Enable for UPnP.
- Tap right on the analog stick until you see the option to "Press the X button to save settings."
- Press the X button.
- Select Test Connection.
- From the PS4 main menu, navigate to Settings
- Select Network
- Select Set Up Internet Connection
- Choose either Use Wi-Fi or Use a LAN Cable depending on the connection method
- If Wireless, use the following steps before proceeding
- Under Use Wi-Fi section, select Custom
- Select your Wi-Fi network name
- If Wired connection, select Custom for Operation mode
- Select Automatic for IP Address Settings
- Select Do Not Specify for DHCP Host Name
- Select Automatic for DNS Settings
- Select Automatic for MTU Settings
- Select Do Not Use for Proxy Server
- Select Test Connection