My browser crashes or closes when I try to watch on the Netflix website.
If your browser is crashing or closing when you try to play a movie or TV show on your PC or Mac computer, it typically indicates that the browser is referencing some old information that needs to be refreshed. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
- Clear browser cookies
Your browser may be referencing an outdated or corrupted setting in the cookie file.
- Go to netflix.com/clearcookies to clear the Netflix cookie. This will sign you out of Netflix.com.
- Select Netflix Home, then Member Sign In to log back in and play your movie or TV show again.
- Restart your browser
Sometimes restarting your browser can clear this issue.
- Quit your browser, restart it, and play your movie or TV show again.
- Try another browser
We recommend updating to a browser that supports HTML5 to ensure your computer is optimized for our web player. Please download the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Opera and try Netflix again. Our web player works best on:
- Google Chrome on Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later.
- Mozilla Firefox on Windows Vista or later.
- Opera on Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later.