I forgot my Netflix login or password.
Can't sign in to Netflix? You can reset your password by receiving a password reset email, or by receiving a text message or voice call if you have added your phone number to your account. If you don't remember the email address you registered with or no longer have access to it, please contact customer service.
Resetting your password by email
To reset your password via email, send yourself a password reset email. The email typically arrives within a few minutes, and contains a link that will sign you in to Netflix automatically. From there, you'll be asked to create a new password. The link in the email will expire after 24 hours, so be sure to use it as soon as possible.
If the link in the email has expired, don't worry -- you can always send yourself another password reset email.
I sent myself the email, but never received it.
- Check your spam folder and any email filters you've set up to make sure the message isn't being directed away from your email inbox.
- If you cannot find the password reset email after checking your spam folder, try adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list. Then send yourself a password reset email again.
- If you still have not received the password reset email, there may be a delay with your email provider. Please wait 5 hours, then check your inbox again.
The link in the email isn't working for me.
- Delete any Netflix password reset emails that you might have sent to yourself.
- Once you've deleted the emails, go to netflix.com/clearcookies. This will sign you out and take you back to the home page.
- Go to netflix.com/loginhelp.
- Type in your email, then select Continue.
- Go back to your email and follow the steps in the new Netflix password reset email.
If you're still having trouble, use a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to access the email, then click the link.
Resetting your password by text message (SMS) or a voice call
To reset your password via text message or voice call, you must use the phone number you previously added and verified on your account. If you've already added a phone number, click the forgot password link and select text message (SMS) or voice call. You will then be sent a verification code that you will enter to reset your password. This code will expire after 20 minutes, so be sure to use it as soon as possible.
If you have not yet added a phone number to your account, you will need to follow the directions above to reset your password by email. Once you have access to your account, you can add a phone number at any time by going to Your Account and selecting Add phone number. If the phone number on your account is no longer valid, you can go to Your Account and select Change phone number.