I can't get Netflix to work on my Chromecast.
Netflix on Chromecast is designed to allow you to control your Netflix experience right from your Apple iOS or Android device. If you have the Google Cast extension installed in Google Chrome, you can also send Netflix to your TV right from your computer.
For an in-depth tutorial, check out Using Netflix with Chromecast.
If you're having trouble setting up your Chromecast or aren't seeing the Cast icon:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS or Android installed on your mobile device.
Compatible with iOS 6.0+ iPhones, iPads, and iPods. Compatible with WiFi-enabled Android 2.3+ smartphones and tablets.
- Make sure the Netflix app is up-to-date.
You can check for updates in the App Store or in Google Play.
Android devices must be running Netflix application version 2.4 or higher.
Apple mobile devices must be running Netflix application version 4.2 or higher.
The Chrome browser must have the Google Cast extension installed.
- If you're using the Chrome browser, make sure you have the Google Cast extension installed.
You can find the Google Cast extension in the Chrome Web Store.
- Make sure your device is connected to the same wireless network as your Chromecast.
Chromecast needs to be on the same Wi-Fi network in order to connect.
- Is your router, modem or gateway set to multicast?
Your router, modem or gateway owner's manual or manufacturer should have instructions for enabling multicast.