Unrecognized Streaming Activity on Your Netflix Account
Is someone else using your Netflix account?
If you're seeing unexpected streaming activity on your Netflix account, you can sign out of all devices connected to your account.
- This method of deactivation will disconnect all devices currently connected to your Netflix account, but may take up to 8 hours to take effect. Because of this, if you know who's using your account, it's usually quicker to have them stop streaming before you try again.
You can also change your Netflix password to make sure no one else will be able to access your account without your permission.
Many Netflix-enabled devices can be immediately deactivated right from the device by using the following steps:
- Launch the Netflix application.
- Enter the following code using the arrow keys on the controller for your device:
- Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
- Confirm that you want to sign out or deactivate Netflix on your device.