Netflix Error: "You Cannot Watch from This Location"
This error indicates that you're trying to stream to a country or region Netflix does not yet support. You may also see the error message Netflix has not come to this part of the world yet.
For a list of supported regions, please see our How Does Watch Instantly Work? article.
If you are streaming to a country that does support Netflix, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Disable any proxies, VPN’s, or other software that might route your Internet traffic outside of your current region. For best results, we also reccomend ensuring your device's network settings are set to Automatic.
- Check your current IP address by visiting whatismyip.com. Note the x.x.x.x address at the top of the page.
- Verify your IP address's location.
- In North America, go to ARIN.net and enter the numeric address from Step 2 in the box located at the top right next to SEARCH Whois. Press the blue button to the right of the box.
- In Latin America and the Caribbean, go to LACNIC.net and enter the numeric address from Step 2 in the search box and select Search.
- In Europe, go to RIPE.net and enter the numeric address from Step 2 in the search box and select Search.
- You’ll now be presented with a long list of information explaining the company that owns your IP address. Scroll down until you see Country and make sure that it matches your current location.
- If the country listed is correct, please contact customer service.
- If the country listed is not correct, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider or Network Administrator and request an IP address that matches the country in which you’re located.
If the steps above haven't helped you resolve the issue, it usually means there's a slightly deeper problem that's keeping you from streaming.
Our Troubleshooting Network Connection Issues article will help you address any persisting network connectivity problems.