Can I stream Netflix in Dolby Vision or HDR?
Netflix supports two different HDR streaming formats, Dolby Vision and UltraHD Premium (HDR).
What You’ll Need:
- A TV that supports either Dolby Vision or HDR and Netflix. (If you use a set-top box to stream Netflix, both the set-top box and TV must support HDR.)
- A 4 Screen Netflix plan. You can check which plan you’re currently on at netflix.com/ChangePlan.
- A steady Internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or faster.
- Streaming quality set to "High." More information about video quality settings can be found in our Playback Settings article.
Which TVs support streaming Netflix in Dolby Vision or HDR?
Netflix is available in HDR on supported TVs from:
In order to stream Netflix in HDR, make sure you have installed all available firmware updates for your TV. If you are unsure if your TV is capable of HDR or need help updating your firmware, please reach out to the manufacturer of your TV.
Netflix supports Dolby Vision and UltraHD Premium.;
Be sure to look for the following logos when shopping for HDR TVs:
Do other devices support streaming Netflix in Dolby Vision or HDR?
The following devices support HDR streaming when connected to a HDR capable TV:
- Apple TV 4K
- Chromecast Ultra
- Nvidia Shield and Nvidia Shield Pro
- Playstation 4 Pro
- Roku Premiere+ and Roku Ultra
- Xbox One S
Do any mobile devices support streaming Netflix in Dolby Vision or HDR?
The following mobile devices support streaming in HDR and Dolby Vision.
How fast does my Internet need to be to stream Netflix in Dolby Vision or HDR?
We recommend an Internet connection speed of at least 25 megabits per second to stream titles available in HDR and Dolby Vision at Ultra HD 4K resolution. If your Internet connection speed is lower, you can still enjoy HDR at lower resolutions like 1080p. For more information, see our Internet Connection Speed Recommendations article.
How can I find titles available in Dolby Vision or HDR?
If you have an HDR capable TV and the 4 Screen Netflix streaming plan, available titles will display an HDR logo next to their description: .
If you have a Dolby Vision capable TV and the 4 Screen Netflix streaming plan, available titles will display the Dolby Vision logo next to their description: . On Cast TVs, you will see a similar Dolby Vision logo on the loading screen: .
Not all titles are available in Dolby Vision or HDR.