I'm getting no sound on my Apple TV when watching Netflix.
If you're getting no sound on your Apple TV while watching Netflix, it typically points to a content problem or a problem with the connection to your speakers. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
If you are able to successfully play another title, go to the Viewing Activity page and select the "Report a Problem" link next to the title that did not work.
- If you do not see the "Report a Problem" link, the problem has automatically been reported.
- Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to your TV.
- If you're using an HDMI cable, try reversing the ends or try a new HDMI cable.
- If you're connecting via an HDMI cable, try another HDMI port on your TV.
- If your device allows and you have one available, swap from an HDMI cable to a component or composite audio/video cable.
- Ensure that your speakers are hooked up to your receiver properly.
- Check your HDMI/Optical connectors to ensure that they are plugged in properly.
- Try reversing the ends of the cable or using an alternate cable.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Audio.
- Select Dolby.
- Select Auto to enable surround sound.
- If Auto doesn't resolve the issue, try turning Dolby Digital to Off via your Apple TV settings.