How do I set parental controls on my Netflix account?
As the primary account holder, you have two options to control viewing on your account:
- Profile-level (soft controls): Set a maturity level for a particular profile to control the TV shows and movies available for that profile. You, the parent or guardian, ensure your child uses only the correct profile.
- Account-level (hard controls): Set a 4-digit PIN that must be entered to play any TV show or movie above a selected maturity level, on any profile. A PIN ensures your child does not watch content rated above your selected maturity level.
Profile-level: How to set the maturity level for an individual profile
- Access the Your Account page from a web browser and select Manage Profiles.
- Select the profile you’d like to edit.
- Under Allowed TV shows and movies, select your desired maturity level.
- For Little Kids only - Watch TV shows and movies suitable for all ages.
- For Older Kids and below - Watch TV shows and movies suitable for older kids.
- For Teens and below - Watch TV shows and movies suitable for teens.
- All Maturity levels - Watch all TV shows and movies, including mature content.
Please note that the primary account holder’s profile can only be set to For Teens and below or All Maturity levels.
- Select Save.
Note: It can take up to 8 hours for changes to parental controls to take effect on all your devices. To expedite this process, sign out of your Netflix account on the device you want to watch on, then sign back in.
Account-level: How to set the maturity level for the entire account using a PIN
You can set a PIN if you’d like to restrict certain maturity levels of content for your entire account. Visit How do I set a PIN for parental controls? for more information.