Netflix App Error - Unable to Activate Device
Error message: Cannot get activation code or Unable to activate device.
There are several variations of this error. Example:
- Netflix was unable to activate this device with the current code.
This error indicates a problem connecting to Netflix servers. To resolve this, try the troubleshooting steps below.
- If the date and time on your device are correct, continue troubleshooting.
- If the date and time on your device are incorrect, see your owner's manual or manufacturer's support website for instructions on setting the date and time.
Many devices have an application to test the Internet Connection. If not, try opening the application store or another Internet-enabled application and check if your device is able to reach Internet services.
- If you are unable to connect to the Internet, you may be having network connection issues.
Refresh the Netflix app.
- If your device does not have a sign out option, trying closing the Netflix application and restarting it.
If the steps above haven't helped you resolve the issue, it usually means there's a slightly deeper problem that's keeping you from streaming.
Our Troubleshooting Network Connection Issues article will help you address any persisting network connectivity problems.